What is GoAnimate.com?
This site is sort of like pixton.com, only instead of creating comic strips, GoAnimate.com lets you easily create original animated videos without having to draw a single frame. With a free registration, you have the ability to chose from a list of settings and characters. All you have to do is add dialogue and choose emotions for your characters.
I can see this educational technology resource being used in a number of ways.
- Start an animated scene and let the students finish it as a writing prompt
- Summarize key points from a lesson
- Use this as your weekly newsletter
- Recreate a scene from a novel
- Post nightly homework via animation
- Create custom animations for students to reward them for that which deserves rewarding
- Summarize assigned readings
- Use as an alternative to presenting
- Demonstrate sequencing
- highlight main ideas
- Create alternate endings to stories
If you think you have a clever way to use goanimate.com in the classrooom, share it in the comments section below.